If you follow me on Instagram, you probably have figured out that I'm part-human, part-rabbit 😂 . Yep, I love my salads, and there are very few vegetables I have met that I don't love (with the exception being okra ... blech!). Over the years, I have upped my vegetable intake significantly (I've come a long way from my bowls of Lucky Charms for dinner during grad school...🙄 ), and you can too! Salads are the simplest and most versatile way to get your 6-9 cups of veggies a day (yes, you read that right!). Read on below to "taste the rainbow" without the candy, sugar and preservatives! Perfect for lunch, or as a side to your favorite dinner dish.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links; if you visit Amazon through these links and purchase the products, I'll get a small commission. Have no fear - the price is still the same for you!
Shan's Simple Salad
Prep time: 10 min
- 2 cups Organic Girl Super Greens
(mix of red and green chard,
bok choy, arugula, and spinach)
- 1 handful of curly parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 8 organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red beet, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Go Raw sprouted pumpkin seeds
- Flax oil
- Ume plum vinegar
- Optional: if you want to make this a more substantial meal, add roast chicken, roast turkey, boiled eggs, or my Mediterranean Sardine Salad.
- Wash, peel, and chop vegetables and add to a big bowl (this will make sufficient salad for 2 people if serving on the side, or 1 person as a full meal).
- Sprinkle veggies with sprouted pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with flax oil and ume plum vinegar to taste.
- Optionally dress the salad with your favorite roasted chicken or turkey, chopped boiled eggs, or Mediterranean Sardine Salad.
- Mix well with wooden salad tongs, and enjoy!