So I've been taking my sweet time with the recipe development this summer - whoopsie! It's been a hectic year with the launch of Relevate. As much as I'd like to think I'm Superwoman, I'd have to clone myself several times to get everything I want done 😉 .
But after a relaxing trip to Palm Springs last week (holy HOT weather! 💦 ), I came home jonesing for some cold soup. The kind that not only quenches your thirst, but also doubles as a meal when the temps are just too hot to cook or digest food. You know what that means...
It's G A Z P A C H O time.
Last year, I made an amazing Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho, but this year I wanted to spice up the ingredient list. What better way to celebrate summer than with some hydrating watermelon? This recipe adds a spicy jalapeño kick, a citrus tartness to balance out the sweet watermelon, and mint and cucumber to balance the spice.
So grab your Vitamix and get ready to whip up a bowl of P E R F E C T I O N 👌 .
Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho
Prep time: 20 min
- 1/2 Medium Seedless Watermelon
- 20 Mint Leaves (+ more for garnish)
- 1 cucumber, peeled + roughly chopped
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño, de-seeded + chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Blood Orange juice
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Peel and roughly cube/chop watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, and onion.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix. Blend to a soup consistency. I split it into 2 batches.
- Feel free to add more mint, lemon/orange juice, red wine vinegar, or sea salt to taste. I used the exact proportions listed above and it was DIVINE!
- Chill in refrigerator until cold; garnish with mint sprigs and enjoy on a hot day!