[Confession]: I have a thing for chocolate ... just like every other woman in the world 😂 .
But I don't love just any chocolate. It has to be dark ... 80% or higher, and I like it on the unsweet/bitter side [insert joke about this is how I like my men ... but you would be WRONG!]
My biggest weaknesses are the raw chocolates from Righteously Raw - either the 83% raw cacao bite (dipped in roasted tahini ... OMG 😍 ), or the Coconut Macaroon. Want to fast-track your way into my heart? Now you know how.
But lately, I've been all about changing things up - my routine, the foods I'm eating, and yeah, my chocolate fix too. So I decided to whip up some tasty bites that incorporate cacao and two of my favorite spices - cinnamon and cardamom.
Cinnamon + Cardamom = Cinna-mom (aren't I so clever?)
This delectable bite is balanced in its sweet and savory - the spices warm it up, while the tahini cuts the sweetness of the dates. They are so 💣 that you may have to have more than one 💗 .
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links; if you visit Amazon through these links and purchase the products, I'll get a small commission. Have no fear - the price is still the same for you!
Cinna-mom Cacao Bites
Prep time: 20min
Makes ~15 bites
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted, soft dates
- Scant 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- unsweetened coconut flakes (for rolling)
- Before you begin: if your dates are on the dry side, soften them in a bowl of hot water for 10 min. Be sure to drain the water completely before food processing the dates!
- Place the ingredients in food processor and pulse until you get a cookie-dough (rollable) texture. If too dry, add a little bit of water to make more sticky.
- Scoop out rounded spoonfuls, and roll the dough in your hands to make a ball.
- Roll the ball in unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Store in the fridge or freezer; let cool at least 1hr before eating. NOTE: this will be a challenge! 😉
- Share with loved ones, and ENJOY!