Everyone has daily rituals - the morning cup of coffee, brushing and flossing (at least, I hope! 🤔 ), meditation, etc. My favorite daily ritual?
As much as I love trying different smoothie flavors and ingredients, I have an old favorite that I have on the daily. So I decided to name it ... the On The Daily Green Smoothie. Original, right? 😂
And don't worry ... I brush and floss daily, ha!
WHY THIS SMOOTHIE ROCKS:
Unlike many sugary smoothies, this one is packed with healthy fats and proteins, leaving me feeling satisfied and satiated for many hours. It is low glycemic, and packed with antioxidant greens and Matcha. Plus, I add in a little raw cacao for a boost of Magnesium.
This smoothie also contains Moringa, a superfood with powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and tissue-protective properties.
Moringa oleifera, also known as horseradish tree, ben tree, or drumstick tree, is a small tree from India, Pakistan, and Nepal that has been used for generations to treat and prevent illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, anemia, arthritis, liver disease, and respiratory, skin, and digestive disorders.
Moringa is now popular as a leaf powder supplement, although the pods, roots, bark, flowers, seeds, and fruits are also edible. It has a TON of science-backed health benefits, including:
- Nutrient density: rich in Vitamins A, C, and E, calcium, potassium, and amino acids
- High in antioxidants to combat oxidative stress and cell damage
- Highly anti-inflammatory
- Lowers blood sugar and cholesterol and oxidative stress in diabetes patients
- Protects the heart (blood lipid control and prevents plaques)
- Protects the liver
- Supports brain health (normalizes serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline)
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Enhances wound-healing and reduces blood clotting time
I had never heard of moringa until recently, and now I cannot imagine life without it! Give it a try, and then maybe this smoothie will become your daily ritual as well ❤️.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links; if you visit Amazon through these links and purchase the products, I'll get a small commission. Have no fear - the price is still the same for you!
INGREDIENTS + INSTRUCTIONS:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 cup dark leafy greens
(Kale, Spinach, or Supergreens mix)
- 1/2 small avocado (or 1/4 large)
- 1 tsp - 1 Tbsp organic matcha (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp moringa powder
- 1 Tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 heaping tsp Vitamineral Greens
- 2 Tbsp collagen hydrolysate
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 dates or 5 drops stevia
- optional: ice
Put all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth. Enjoy!
If you love this smoothie, grab your FREE copy of my e-book "Sensational Smoothies" below!