Some days call for a B-R-O-W-N-I-E 🙈 . I'm not one to restrain myself from having something that I want, BUT I do make sure the ingredients are as high quality and nutrient-dense as possible. I think that's a good compromise - wouldn't you agree?
A couple of weekends ago, I was playing around with energy ball recipes, and came up with the ingredient list below. I made a batch of balls, and thought to myself, "Self, this may be a good combination for a raw brownie recipe!"
So naturally, I had to make it the recipe allllll over again 😂 😇 .
This recipe is SO easy - it's raw (no-bake!), vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. Just the good stuff! For the coconut butter, you can use store-bought, or try my roasted coconut butter recipe 👌. I love these brownies because they're not too sweet, and they have the perfect balance of chocolatey nutty goodness.
For a more fudgy texture, eat straight from the refrigerated pan. For a softer, brownie consistency, let it come to room temperature after refrigeration. I recommend serving with berries, coconut whip cream, or your favorite vegan ice cream (I love Coconut Bliss 😍 )!
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links; if you visit Amazon through these links and purchase the products, I'll get a small commission. Have no fear - the price is still the same for you!
Raw Almond Butter Brownies
Prep time: 15 min
- 10 large organic Medjool dates, soaked
(or 15 medium sized dates)
- 2 scant cups raw organic walnuts
- 1 cup roasted organic almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Remove the pits from the dates, and soak in hot filtered water to soften. Fully drain the water after softening the dates.
- Add walnuts, almonds, and hemp seeds, cacao, and sea salt to food processor.
Process until a fine powder.
- Add remaining ingredients (dates, coconut butter, and coconut oil), and process until completely mixed. May require stopping the food processor and pushing the mixture down the sides to fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Gently press mixture into the bottom of a Pyrex 8" square pan. Refrigerate.
- For a brownie texture, let brownie come to room temp before serving. For a fudgy texture, eat cold. Both ways are amazing!