Spring is in the air: flowers blooming, birds singing, and the days are just a little bit longer...
I LOVE IT! ☀️ 🌺 🐤
As I sat outside soaking in the sun rays recently, I wondered to myself, "what would a ray of sunshine taste like?"
Yep, another episode of "Deep Thoughts with Shannon" 😂 ...
Really though, when I think of sunshine, I think CITRUS. A little bit sweet, a little bit tart ... a little sun ray of a morsel that leaves you feeling HAPPY.
And that's how the Sunshine Citrus Bites were born - a combination of my favorite nuts (macadamia, almonds, cashews), hemp seeds, coconut, dates, and CITRUS.
When I made these and had a bite, my eyes rolled into the back of my head. They're seriously that good.
I dare you to make them and NOT eat them all in 3 days (like I did 🙊 ). Seriously though, these will be on repeat ALL. SPRING (and SUMMER) long.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links; if you visit Amazon through these links and purchase the products, I'll get a small commission. Have no fear - the price is still the same for you!
Sunshine Citrus Bites
Prep time: 15 min
Makes 20 bites
- 1 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup roasted organic almonds
- 1/2 cup organic cashews
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (~7-8 med) organic Medjool dates
- Zest + 2 Tbsp juice of Meyer Lemon
- Zest + 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: Coconut flakes for ball rolling
- Soak the dates in hot filtered water to soften (5-10 min). After complete, fully drain the water and remove the date pits.
- While the dates are soaking, add macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, and sea salt to a food processor, and process until a medium coarse flour is formed.
- Add coconut oil, medjool dates, lemon zest + juice, lime zest + juice, and process until dough is thoroughly mixed.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and coat with fresh coconut flakes (optional).
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days, or freeze for longer storage (thaw in the fridge before eating).